Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Wednesday 13 July 2011

13/07/2011


I had a couple of strange dreams last night. I only remember them because I sort of woke up briefly in between dreams and they left me with a rather unpleasant sense of 'déja-vu'.

Okay, so the first one was almost borderline funny, in a way. The dream was about me walking inside what looked like a train station and there was a stall in one corner of a large hall. At that stall was a man in a suit sitting at a simple table and there were charts stuck on the wall behind him. As I approached, the man looked like the perfect salesman but with a look about him that reminded me of 1930s types of sales people and the way they would dress, you know. Very old fashioned. As I came to stand in front of his table, he began to gesture towards the charts and a large poster next to it with a list of prices and 'offers'. What was he selling exactly? Exchange traded funds. Yeah... He was having 'sales' and was trying to convince me to go for one of his 'bundles'... But the funny part was that the man in the dream seemed to explain it really well, and I wonder where that knowledge is hiding inside my head because as soon as I woke up, I was no longer able to 'grasp' the understanding I had during the dream, if that could ever make sense.

The second dream was by far more depressing. I found myself inside an overcrowded train, so overcrowded in fact that I could barely breathe and found myself gasping for air more and more... Luckily, I managed to get off at my usual station, and began to climb the flight of stairs leading to the exit - the same way I always do in reality 5 days a week when I get back from work. But in that dream, suddenly more people began to flood the staircase, so much so that I became stuck in the crowd, absolutely unable to move... and unable to breathe. As I started gasping for air again, the walls around me started to close on me and the crowd... but then I made myself wake up before having to dream of myself being turned into a pancake.

Sometimes dreams can give a far better and accurate picture of the way you feel than any word uttered by the conscious mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment