Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Sunday 13 February 2011

I had found this old audio tape with cartoon songs the other day, which my mother had saved for 'posterity' along with my slight speech 'impediment' many children have at a young age... and as I was reminded of all things past, today I remembered that the first ever 'pop' song I really liked was this one.(It starts with a little 'story').

The song, from a French singer called Mylene Farmer and entitled 'Pourvu qu'elles soient douces', was a very daring one for the times (mid-80's). I was exactly 4 years old. I was absolutely mesmerised by the video... but of course the one I just linked to You Tube is the extended, uncensored version... the one I used to be able to watch on TV was the censored one, but I clearly remember the officer using his whip to uncover the girl's bottom. And everyt time I heard the music starting on TV, I would run into the living room to watch it... I was like that little boy peering inside the tent, I guess. I was only 4 years old, and I had no notion of sex or desire, but this one song along with its clip resonated in me from the start, I just had no idea why. It just felt so... sensual and erotic, without understanding why.
I'll be honest and let you know that even though I was only a tiny child at the time, I remember strikingly feeling things in my body... the key difference here is that I had no notion of what it meant.

Today, I can go on wikipedia and learn about what that song really was about, and then I have to laugh at the thought that in the household I happened to grow up in, it was quite okay to call me every time the clip came on TV (the censored version, obviously). but this one song... it was the first ever modern song I listened to and actually really liked.

Apart from that, I was also listening to the Batman Begins soundtrack today... especially this track, but it has to be listened to from start to finish. This one track actually happened to suit my mood perfectly today, especially the softer passages.

No comments:

Post a Comment