Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Wednesday 10 November 2010

10/11/2010

I went out in the freezing cold this morning, but the sky was a pure diluted blue and the sun was shining - a lovely glimpse of the winter days ahead.

Since I didn't have time to have any breakfast, I ended up buying freshly squeezed orange juice, a warm bread stick (also known as baguette in the land I originally come from) and some chocolate spread on the way back home. Then I sat in the kitchen and had the most delicious of breakfasts instead of lunch, followed by a much needed cup of coffee.

Then I switched on my computer and logged into Facebook. Some people have actually been counting the days left until Christmas... Others are wondering about their list of gifts and already worrying about it. The ones who weren't talking about Christmas were talking about how they are waiting for a train, or a bus, or how 'great last night was'. The only interesting post came from one guy who works for a small publication in London and he had posted a link to a story about the Magdalenes. For those who don't know what Magdalenes refer to, here is more in-depth information about it.

Though these places have now been closed, it's disturbing to think that they were still in existence in the 1990s.

We seem to often take for granted that our society is so evolved and 'broad-minded'... The reality is that most people in the detail are plagued with all sorts of personal prejudices. Those prejudices are like a hidden cancer at the heart of society itself because people don't dare speak up their true mind, they only express the thoughts they know will be validated by the majority. So in the end, if everyone keeps hiding their true thoughts on most things, how are we ever supposed to address our differences in order to finally get to a deep understanding of one another? WE CAN'T.

Each person who chooses to withdraw their true thoughts to only express what they know will be accepted by the majority is in fact ensuring that every single society we live in will be plagued with chaos and a complete lack of true understanding on anything whatsoever. Furthermore, by hidding one's true thoughts, it becomes tantamount to ensuring the person will never really learn anything or expend their mind... because they'll never get to confront their possibly flawed reasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment