Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Friday 3 December 2010

03/12/2010


I find trees most fascinating... I think of them as silent guardians, or witnesses, of this world, and perhaps in that sense they remind me of my own self - I feel a connection.
Not so long ago I began reading on legends and folklore about trees and plants, I even began learning how to diferenciate between types of vegetation... but I discovered it wasn't so easy a task. Still, a fascinating and soothing task for my mind.

My mother told me once that I had always had a fascination for trees, and hands, actually. I don't remember gazing up at tree branches for hours on end, but I do remember that as a tiny child I used to play with my hands a lot. Each hand was a family, and both hands represented feuding families or clans. Each finger became a character, and always in the story one finger from each hand would fall in love with the opposite one, leading all the others to fight in a bid to separate them. I remember playing like that when I was bored, or had no toys around to play with. To this day, if I focus on my hands, I can still see them as 'characters' the way I saw them when I was little.

I get sad often because in my head I see what life could have been like - how peaceful and full of wondrous beauty in the simplicity - and it clashes with the reality that others have shaped for me, and the rest of us. I’m so beside everything else and every point in life that I keep questioning why the heck I’m here at all. I’m a glitch of human nature, a loose vector floating along the spectrum of Time in a sea of mostly predictable vectors (that would be you people). I also don’t like this reality because the world in my head is better, full of contrasts and colours, and my world within is always striving to better itself. It is a mixture of fantasy and reason stretching to infinity. Reality roots my body in place with invisible shakles. My eyes are like a window for my imprisonned mind to look out at a tiny piece of the world with no hope to ever be set free while the body (materiality) prevails in this realm.

I’m not interested in a lot of things, and I have very, very few ‘passions’ - yet I am open to everything. I don’t care about much, and I’m hard to rope into a trend, or a wordly obsession, because everything that man creates is pretty much part of a delusion, or a mere illusion. Everything created apart from art is created either to complicate what needn’t be, or to confuse the mind. I skip that part and like to look beyond the veil. So I don’t fit anywhere because I just don’t buy into our reality as it was shaped for us.

Sometimes I wish I could erase the body and only live through the mind... but that's pointless, I know. It's like saying you want to set sail without an actual boat to carry you on your journey.
Maybe it's all about the lack of love in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment