Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Monday 17 October 2011

17/10/2011




This song seems to sum up pretty much how I'm feeling right now. I don't get it. I was never in love with that guy, yet it hurts. I'm guessing my ego took a bashing in the way he dismissed me so easily - he didn't even bother to bring back my stuff.

I think I'm shocked at what a heartless bastard I ended up dating. Why, oh why out of the billions of men out there did I have to meet a creep?

It was such a waste of time and especially emotions on a guy with the emotional depth of stone. We didn't even have an argument! I simply confronted him over the fact that he never seemed to care, and BAM! That gave him the convenient excuse to never want to see me again. Talk about some creep.

You can't win, can you? There is no way in hell to know if a person is being genuine or not. Every time we choose to get close to someone, it's the same as playing the lottery or gambling in general. I wouldn't be surprised most people end up staying together just because they happen not to mind too much the fact that they were never compatible in the first place.

If only work was better... but even there it's a nightmare now. It seems I can't do anything right as usual.

After wasting my time chasing love, I realise that men are often way too destructive for women. In my whole life, I was never lucky with them. For some reason I always end up surrounded by either utter morons or emotional monsters.

Men seem to have that power over women to send them crazy, quite literally, simply by playing with their heightened sense of emotions. And the more you stay with men like that, the more they destroy you - inside and out. Then you see all these bitter wives out there, aged too fast by worry and lack of care. They put up a front and like to brag that they have a man, but what's the price to pay?

It can be the same with men, I suppose. Some are just interested in having someone in their bed, then they get used to having a surrogate mother to look after them along with the kids.

I'm starting to understand why my own mother closed the door on romantic love a long time ago. It's kept her young at heart and she's happy in her own company.

I should have guessed that my life was always meant to be loveless, even my biological father never wanted anything to do with me.

Maybe I'm just attracting the same type without realising it... I keep attracting irresponsible assholes with no emotions and no feelings, like my father.

I used to have no real opinion or thought on dating in general as is known in our modern society. Being able to date anyone and have as many partners as we like has been heralded as part of the ultimate 'freedom'. Some would argue that it's at least better than being forced to marry at a young age with someone your family chooses for you. But I'm not so sure anymore...

The notion we have of romantic love is completely wrong and idealised. What we call love is nothing more than the reflection of our imaginative brain to place more meaning on something that is intrinsically very basic. 'Love' is nothing but nature's way of ensuring we keep reproducing. It's made up of hormones for the most part. Books and movies just serve to sugar coat what is really nothing but a primal instinct.

Women's biggest woe is to be brainwashed to chase after something that never existed: romantic love as depicted all around them through literature, television and films.

Mr Darcy is a fictional character in a book for a reason: he doesn't exist in reality. Even Jane Austen never got her love, which is why she ended up imagining such a striking romance among other love stories.

The reason why I'm starting to doubt the value of the freedom to date is simply because the more one dates, the more it involves being disappointed, betrayed or broken-hearted. And the more that happens, the more emotionally imbalanced we become, making the next stab at finding the so-called 'one' more and more unlikely to work out.

I have a feeling the more people accumulate so-called love experience, the less capable they are to remain healthy on an emotional level.

Having said that, the same holds true if you're stuck with a partner that makes you miserable or mistreats you.



No comments:

Post a Comment