Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Saturday 11 September 2010

11/09/10

It's not very often that I'll find myself thinking 'wow, the lyrics of that song are really getting to me' when the song in question is modern, and more worryingly the pop, manufactured kind.

Maybe I've watched too much MTV in recent days... I'M KIDDING. I barely ever switch on the TV anymore except to watch very specific things, although I must say I'll slump on the sofa to watch old episodes of Friends they show on one channel pretty much all the time. Or I'll catch the end of whatever movie that's on.

Last time I did that, I actually enjoyed it - I caught the middle of some very old movie called... Ha, I forgot now, but it was a 40s movies.

I love the way I'm constantly discovering new things with child-like eyes - because I've lived in my head for so long, away from reality and its horrendous settings, that I'm only just starting to feel my way back into the 'real' world... In a way, I'm lucky, because this allowed me to preserve some much needed purity of mind, but that also means I need to learn to deal with a very ruthless world out there. That's the hardest part when you happen to be a dreamer like myself.

It's just too easy to hurt me, or play me for a fool.

So here are the songs I've been listening to because of their lyrics and catchy melodies.

Eminem's Love the Way You Lie

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, well that's alright because i like the way it hurts, just gonna stand there and hear me cry, well that's alright because I love the way you lie..."

Then there is this one:

Airplanes

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the nightsky are like shooting stars, I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now..."

I think that's about it as far as pop tunes are concerned....

Then there is this piece of music that isn't particularly great, but I love the violin part:

North

And then, I might as well mention this one:

Jablonsky's My Name Is Lincoln

That piece of soundtrack music is just beautiful...

The reason why I'm actually listing this boring list of songs is mainly because I wanted to practice the linking thing... yeah, I'm catching up with technology, slowly but surely. Next step would be to actually learn how to put up a proper YouTube video in one of my posts... Hmm.

I've had a lot of time on my hands in the last few months, and these days I find myself being more 'proactive' than usual, to use a word employers love to hear from prospective job seekers...
I'm quite good at acing interviews, just not so good with the 'taking up the stupid job' part. I can tell them exactly what they want to hear, and I even look the part of the truthworthy, reliable woman you would just love to employ... Talk about deceptive appearances...

And so I've been learning a bit on HTML, and of course I still know next to nothing, but my mind is enjoying it greatly, so I guess that's something I want to learn to an extent. Then I'll move to something a little more complex, and so on, and so on... Always with a very precise aim in mind, of course.

I'm focusing on the present from now on, and that means i don't want to hear about yesterday - or tomorrow for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment