Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Sunday 30 January 2011

30/01/2011


A flurry of dreams invaded my head throughout the night... One of them was a beautiful one.
In that dream, I found myself in a gondola gliding slowly in the Venician canals... Everything was there - the old architecture, row after row of houses half-immersed in water, monuments of all sorts made of ancient white stone... And there I sat in that little boat, paddling along in awe, surrounded by calm waters. I remember thinking: "Wow, I'm in Venice... How did I get there? It's so beautiful..."

I stopped the gondola next to a large, ancient building with crumbling walls inside which a crowd of tourists was already gathered to watch people in white togas make a speech that I couldn't understand, but I somehow 'knew' that they were pretending to be ancient Roman politicians throwing powerful rhetoric at one another. I got out of the boat and took a stroll around the place, looking at the intricate patterns and carvings on the old stone. I remember stopping by a stall where women wearing flowing dresses were giving away some cake topped with whipped cream. I took a piece, my eyes drawn to the beautiful sight all around me. Then I picked up my camera and began trying to capture the beauty of the place, and as I kept taking pictures suddenly I realised it was already night time and the whole building was flooded with the light of lanterns hanging from the walls.

Back in my little boat, I went further down the canal, and just as I was about to turn at a corner where yet another ancient building stood half immersed in water, I caught a glimpse of the most bizzarre sight of all: There in the distance stood the Tower of Pisa.
"That can't be right," I thought, "That tower isn't supposed to be in Venice..."

Yet there it stood in the distance, its unmistakable leaning structure rearing above the water against the backdrop of night.

And that's when I woke up from the dream... and when I did, it was morning again in my reality. I laid still in my bed for a long while, eyes to the white ceiling with a dreamy smile on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment