Here is an attempt to capture moments of my reality... A diary of the very things I never pay attention to - uncensored and rough. Thoughts and details I would never think of adding or dwell on... It's probably the most boring thing to do, but I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of absolutely everything in the world and so it is I have to start somewhere (which would be me)... It's a little experiment, really. I am, after all, always ready to become my own guinea pig to push the boundless limits of my mind.

Tuesday 26 October 2010

26/10/2010

Mist of rain and dark skies today... I had a rather hectic morning, rushing from one place to the next to help my mother to ensure all her work was done before she has to leave for the airport later.

She was anxious about her trip because she's scared of flying... I can't understand such a fear. I just love flying, and though I wish I had my own wings, a plane is the next best thing, I guess. I particularly like the taking off part, feeling that rush of adrenaline through my body as the plane takes off the ground...

Last night I asked her what scared her so much and she said: "What if something happens, like a crash? What if the plane crashes?"

"Mum," I replied calmly, "You're more likely to die in a car crash, or even on your way to the airport than onboard that plane."

That didn't seem to help with her nerves.

And every time I think to myself: so what if a plane crashes, so what if I die? It just means nothing in itself. One moment you're alive, and the next you're gone. In the greater scheme of Time (if you're able, of course, to experience Time as I can) all times are one in essence, and it really means that we are as much alive as we're already dead. All it really takes to understand that notion is to stop thinking about the 'detail' level of things. As a tiny vector (the person) on the spectrum of Time , we experience the latter as though there were three distinct parts to what makes up Time: past, present and future. Detach yourself from that flawed perception that stems directly from the fact that we are such small components evolving on that spectrum, take a bird's eye view of it, and you will come to realise that truly, all times are one.

I exist and at the same time I don't. Not in the greater scheme of Time, that is.

If I exist and at the same time I don't (and haven't yet existed... as all times are blurred into One) it can also hint at something even more interesting: the notion of immortality, but of course not in any mainstream sense...

Such a rush of thoughts to the head... when will I finally be able to translate every single thread of reasoning that leads me to my conclusions? My brain feels sometimes like the most intricate of machines lacking the manpower to operate it properly. The tools used to operate it are in themselves obselete, mind you, and by 'tools', I really means such things as our current languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment